Born on November 3, 1892, The Evening Star had been created almost overnight by 21 printers and four teenage apprentices who were locked out during a labour dispute at the afternoon News. Their aim was to publish a serious journal - and possibly to teach the News a lesson. Little did they realize that their bright new four-page sheet would grow into Canada's largest daily newspaper, The Toronto Star.
For more on the history of The Toronto Star, click here
The Toronto Star Today
Today, the Toronto Star is Canada's largest daily newspaper, with the largest readership in the country. It is published seven days a week in the Greater Toronto Area and is owned by Toronto Star Newspapers Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Torstar Corporation. The newspaper is printed at its production facility, The Toronto Star Press Centre, located in Vaughan, just north of Toronto. The Press Centre houses six MAN Roland presses and its extensive capacity allows for the use of full colour throughout the newspaper every day for both editorial and advertising purposes.
Toronto Star rebrands it's Auction Site - StarAuctions.ca
Toronto Star has renamed its auction site to reflect our brand. Introducing the new-and-improved StarAuctions.ca. The Toronto Star has been the voice of responsibility in our community for over 100 years. We are a known and reliable source. By changing to StarAuctions.ca, people will feel the same sense of confidence when purchasing from this auction site. A source to find exclusive offers and deals, exclusive auctions, exclusive access to amazing events. StarAuctions.ca
is the premier place to participate in auctions or to buy at fixed prices from trusted vendors. The difference between StarExclusive.ca and other online shopping sites is the five C's: Convenience
- Local businesses/local buyers make transactions easier and more cost effective by potentially reducing shipping/handling fees. Confidence
- Certainty in business to consumer transactions with reputable, established brands. Credibility
- using a known and proven source. Customer Service
- Full ongoing access to Toronto Star staff for technical support. Canadian
- Support your local businesses. Buying locally means no currency conversion. If you like shopping, or simply like getting a great price on the things you buy, visit StarAuctions.ca
and see how easy it is.